Tell Us about your project and get a quote.
Steel Stairs And Handrails Fabrication
Stairs are the most common use in almost all building that has stack components of building . When it come to fabrication of stairs it important that everything is welded proper and all fit up made right . Welding of all parts must be 100% . Quality steel stairs are an essential part of any construction project where general access to multiple levels is required. We have the equipment and materials to fabricate a variety of star configurations such as spiral staircases, grate stairs, 4′, 5′ or double wide or pan stairs for concrete pouring. We employ highly qualified welders to meet our commitment of prompt delivery to our customers. Our bids are prepared per your specifications and will meet municipal codes. Our certified welders can build stairs per your specifications, including welding; grinding; and prime painting, galvanizing, or epoxy paint finishing. We can install your stairs as allowed by OSHA or hire authorized contractors.
Costs of Steel Stairs
Of course, there are interior stairs and exterior stairs. Since interior stairs generally consist of more steps, they’re typically more expensive than exterior stairs. Breaking it down even further, interior stairs include stairs leading to the second floor, basement stairs and attic stairs. Since designs and installations are different, they come in at different price points:
- Main Staircase: The most important staircase in your home will likely cost approximately $2,400. The main staircase catches your eye as soon as you walk into the home. The design demands attention and as such, typically costs more than any other interior staircase.
- Basement Staircase: Most people don’t give too much thought to their basement stairs. In fact, some don’t add padding or paint. Since design is not a focus here, expect the cost to hover around $1,400.
Attic Staircase: Even less expensive are attic stairs. They generally drop from the ceiling and are thin, but strong pieces of wood. The cost to install attic stairs should not exceed $1,000.
Cost to Build a Staircase
It costs the average homeowner $1,900 to build a staircase. This project ranges from $920 to $2,880 but can cost as low as $350 and as high as $5,000. However, you could pay up to $10,000 for more extensive or custom projects.
Additional considerations and costs:
- There are also costly freight and delivery charges that must be added into the budget as well, and these tend to average between $300 and $600.
- Most pre-built interior stairs will come in the desired finish, such as staining or painting, but the homeowner will also have to consider the use of any moldings too. The average costs of simple quarter-round stock along with any baseboards will average between $250 and $400.
- Many homeowners opt to use a spiral kit staircase that relies on steel instead of wood. These are far less expensive and cost between $400 to $1500, though there are structural considerations with their use. There are also combination kits which rely on metal framing and wooden treads, and which are available for prices ranging between $1500 to $5000, depending upon the design.